Wednesday, 18 January 2017

The Blair Witch Project Trailer (way... better than the movie)

Whilst on location today for my main task, we discovered that perhaps our idea needed re thinking as we were not entirely happy with the shots that we did. However, we do still want our sequence to still occur in the woods, as I believe it adds to the dramatic effect that we are trying to perceive. I decided that when I got home I would have a look at few films that feature the woods and analyse how they get their effect.

The Blair Witch Project (1999)


The whole of this film occurs in the woods and features 3 naive film students looking for the Blair Witch, it is filmed in an amateurish way. From watching this trailer I thought this film was going to be so much scarier than it actually was. This is how powerful editing together of clips could be, and as well demonstrates that what could be scary for 2 minutes may nit be scary for 90. I will use this in my main task and only use the best clips to feature not second best ones.

Mama (2013)

                                           

The horror film Mama, features 2 feral girls who have been brought up in the woods by what seems to be an evil spirit. I think this film works because there is something really scary/creepy about the woods at night time in the way it makes you feel. Characters sound so alone and as if the wood has created a maze. I would like to use this technique in my film as I was the audience to feel as if the character is lost and alone inside the wood.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)



I looked at the woods chase scene from Deathly Hallows Part 1, which is something that I would like to do in my main task. The use of the dark lighting, fast shot change and music adds to the tense feel of the scene. This is something that I would like to produce for my own main task. 

I will have a look on the internet for more chase scenes from famous films and put them on my blog later in the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment