Saturday, 25 February 2017

Looking at the evaluation questions in detail

In class we went over the 7 questions we will have to answer in our evaluation for our film. In this post I will be going over each question and discussing in my own words what they all mean.

Question 1 - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

For this question I will need to look at whether my techniques and conventions fit the idea that I was trying to portray in my opening sequence. For example I will look at things like costume, mise-en-scene, camera shots, etc. I will need to look at what typically happens in psychological thrillers and compare it to my own film to see if they have any parallel ideas or themes. I think that for this question I will do an almost directors commentary type thing and go through my opening sequence and pause it when I get to a key point I would like to analyse. Here is an example of something I might do:



Question 2 - How does your media product present particular social groups?

This questions asks me to look at how both of my character's social groups are represented in the opening. I reckon that for this one I could do an interview with my two main characters and ask them how they think their characters are perceived and then look at how the directors think they are. It could almost be like an episode of film 2017. For example this episode of Film 2010 where they review 'Red'.



Question 3 - What kind of media institution might distribute your product and why?

To answer this question I must think about what kind of cinema would be distributing our film and why I think it would suit this type of distribution. For our film I think it would be best sold by an indie cinema such as the Pheonix Picture House because our film is rather low budget production. For this one I could perhaps do a voice over a power point presentation explains the key manufacturers that may distribute our product. The Pheonix website is here - https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Phoenix_Picturehouse


Question 4 - Who would be the audience for you media product? 

For this question I will need to take a closer look into what kind of people will enjoy my movie and what genre category it fits into. To answer this question I will firstly do my own vlog type extract explaining who I think it is aimed at and then ask my friends to watch my film and give their own opinion and whether it is suited to their taste in film.  It might look something like this clip of children reacting to a Super Bowl advert:



Question 5 - How did you attract/address your audience?

In this question I will look at how my group and I have managed to attract the audience to our storyline and need to watch on. I will compare my opening to a famous opening and look at how that specific film incises the viewer such as propaganda and cinematic techniques. For this one I might do a type of presentation do explain my findings.

Question 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this process?

For this question I will need to think about all the different media technologies I have learnt about throughout my process of making my opening sequence. I reckon I will either do a sort of news report for this one or perhaps a group talk going over the medias we have learnt about in this process.

Question 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in progression from it to full production?

I will need to look at both my preliminary task and my main task and decide how far my group and I have come since we did our first film. To present this I reckon I will have my group and I sat around a screen showing our preliminary task and say what we think we could have of improved and see if we have achieved these improvements in our main task.

No comments:

Post a Comment